Vista Resource Group
We are seeking a Project Manager with an entrepreneurial spirit who can interface with multiple levels of management and motivate project teams for each project composed of representatives from each area affected by the project. The Project Manager will work with managers in Business, IT Development, Quality Assurance, and other departments as necessary to establish and build off milestone dates. The Project Manager will determine the tasks associated with each project, assign internal and/or external resources to complete the necessary tasks, and provide estimates of project costs.
This is a contract-to-hire position in El Segundo. No 3rd Party Applicants or H1B please.
- Manage project initiation, requirements analysis, planning, construction and transition.
- Create and manage project plans from scratch in MS Project
- Develop and update project plans by listing tasks, resources, and target dates.
- Run weekly core team and other project meetings, prepare agendas and minutes, complete weekly project status reports, and run bi-weekly Steering Team meetings, and create PowerPoint presentations.
- Work with an Executive Sponsor (one of our firm Executives, Presidents or C Suite) and Business Owner.
- May manage employees within the function including goal-setting, performance planning, feedback, appraisals and development training.
- 8+ years’ experience as a project manager, leading projects through the full life cycle
- Experience gathering business requirements required, with experience in financial services preferred.
- Experience building and managing project forecasts and budgets
- Experience working on and managing multiple projects at a time of varying size (team members and budget)
- Project resource planning
- Strong leadership skills; manage projects while driving the organization towards a successful implementation or launch
- Experience managing or playing a major role in corporate projects preferred